When I received the Flower Patch Bundle, I was really impressed with the number of different flower shape framelits. It has a great variety and with the big shot doing all of the cutting, you can mass produce them in no time. With that in mind, I couldn't resist, trying to create a paper lei.
I knew that I couldn't make the whole thing flower cut outs, as it would just look like paper cut outs stacked on top of each other. Hmmm... I started thinking about those cheap leis that you buy at costume stores and how they have straw-like spacers.... done and DONE! Can you believe, I actually had green tinted straws in my house!?! It was meant to be!
To add some dimension, I sponged the cut-outs with their coordinating ink. I sponged just the edges of the fronts and then a wider area on the back of the base flower, as you can see a bit more of it, once assembled.
The flowers are created on each side, so no matter which way you look at the lei, you see a flower and not the back of one.
To give my flowers some shape, I used my bone folder and curled up the petals and leafs. It also added some nice depth to my flowers.
To attach everything, I punched holes in the centers with my 1/16" Handheld circle punch and then simply threaded Linen Thread through with a needle. I did glue a lot of stuff together first with my Multipurpose Liquid glue, just so everything stayed lined up.
Well, Thanks for stopping by and make sure to visit the Stampin' Up! Saturday Post and leave a comment, for a chance to win the Fabulous Flower Patch Bundle!
Happy Creating Everyone!
* I have not included the inks or cardstock, as the list would be excessively long. If you have any questions about materials used, feel free to contact me! Cheers