Let Your Greatness Bloom!

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for how sporadic I've been this week... My Mom, Dad and Sister have been down camping this week and I've been busy visiting with them as much as possible. I always have the best of intentions of posting in the evenings when I have guest, but after a day, chalked full of activities, my bed always wins out.

The good news though... I have lots to share, so there are many post to come!

As I mentioned the other day, a few friends and I went on a little crafting getaway. Well, as always, we decided to do pillow swaps and today I'm sharing mine.

I really wanted to make each of my friends a beautiful Blended Bloom flower, as they all loved the one I did on this card.

I didn't know what the final project would be, but I knew with 8 to make... I knew I needed to work on the flowers. So I stamped out 100 flowers and off I went!

At the time, I only had the 1st round of the Blendabilites Markers. So I created 2 flowers in each colour. Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Coastal Cabana and Rich Razzleberry! Yep! I created 10 flowers!

While I worked on the flowers, I kept my eye out for some cheap, little square frames for me to mount the flowers in, but didn't really find anything I liked...

If you follow me on Facebook, you would've seen this picture... This was me working on my pillow swaps. I had to colour so many flowers that I made a little flower "guide map" for me to refer to AND I only coloured the petals showing on that layer. The rest I filled in with the darkest marker of the trio.

Then one day, while walking through the dollar store, I found this! The perfect, little sized easel and canvas and I knew I had found what I was looking for!

I bought 10, took them home and painting the canvas' white!

Each flower was 7 layers and used almost a sheet of Stampin' Dimensionals. once they were assembled I used glue dots to twirl my linen thread behind them and then secured it even further by putting a drop of hot glue on top.

To create my leaves, I used the New In-Colour Ribbon: Meadow Moss and the New Cotton Ribbon: Pear Pizzaz. I cut off little snippets (maybe 1.5 - 2" long), twisted them and glued the ends together with hot glue. Then I glued one inside the other and glue them to the back of my flower with the hot glue again.

When everything was assembled and done, I couldn't forget about presentation! I wrapped each one in a cellophane bag and added a little tag (created in MDS and punched with the scallop tag topper punch) that read: Let your greatness Bloom! Each one colour coordinated with it's flower!

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great week-end!

Make sure to check out my Blendabilites Course and Contact me today!


  1. wish I lived closer, as I'd take your blendabilities class; you do nice work, when you color, so I'm sure you're enjoying your markers.

  2. Martha!! Those are incredible!!!

  3. WOW! I just found your blog from Stampin' Connection and I LOVE your flowers with the Blendabilities!! Your blending is superb! I just subscribed to get your updates too. Wonderful! :-)

  4. My Goodness! Those are awesome. I love coloring with my Blendabilities, and this is my favorite thing to color. I may have to think about making some of these up if I can find the easels. So Cute!